- Active at Home Helpers 701-235-6706
- All Embracing Home Care 701-330-8373
- Comfort Keepers 701-738-0006
- Family Caregiver Program 701-795-3017
- Home Care Companions 701-757-4044
- Integrity Home Care 701-740-3720
- Sanford Home Care 218-773-5870
- Todays Organized Living 218-791-8247
- Dak-Minn Driving and Home Evaluations 701-330-4445
- Ethos Home Care 218-791-6965 & 701-757-0328
- VA CAREGIVER SUPPORT 1-800-410-9723
1)WHAT IS THE VA CAREGIVER SUPPORT PROGRAM?
Answer: The VA Caregiver Support Program provides a break for all caregivers that take care of Veterans.
2) WHO IS A CAREGIVER?
A caregiver is a person who provides personal care services to a Veteran who needs assistance with one or more activities of daily living or needs supervision or protection based upon symptoms or residuals. Caregivers do not need to be a relative or live with the Veteran.
3)WHO PROVIDES THE VA CAREGIVER SUPPORT PROGRAM?
The Caregiver Support Program is provided by the PGCSS (Program of General Caregiver Support Services). They provide services to caregivers of Veterans of all eras enrolled in the Department of Veteran Affairs and VA Healthcare.
4)WHAT SERVICES ARE PROVIDED?
- Respite Care to allow the caregiver to take time for themselves while the Veteran is cared for in a safe and caring environment.
- Help in your home with bathing, dressing, medications and light housekeeping.
- Monitoring of blood pressure, weight, and blood sugars.
5)WHAT ARE THE 3 TYPES OF RESPITE CARE OFFERED?
- In-Home Respite Care is available through local care agencies; up to 3-4 hours per week.
- In-Patient Respite Care is provided at the Fargo VA Medical Center on the Community Living Center Unit. 24hour care is provided up to 30 days per year. Veterans are screened prior to admission to ensure care needs can be met.
- Adult Day Health Care is available for half or full days up to 2-3times per week including activities and a noon meal and one whirlpool bath per week.
6)WHAT ARE THE 3 WAYS TO ENROLL?
- Request a referral from the Veteran’s VA assigned primary care provider. No application is required. The Veteran must have been seen by their VA assigned primary care provider within the last 12 months.
- Call the Caregiver Support Program TEAM and complete the intake questions at (1-800-410-9723)
- To Request In-Patient Respite Care contact the CLC Respite Coordinator at (1-800-410-9723 ext 9-3597)
7)HOW CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT THE VA CAREGIVER SUPPORT PROGRAM?
- Call 1-855-260-3274 for more information.
- Visit the website at: www.caregiver.va.gov