Traill County Veterans Service Office

Home » News & Updates » Supportive Services for Veteran Families

Supportive Services for Veteran Families

Clipart Panda - Free Clipart Images

Supportive Services for Veteran Families

  1. What is the SSFV Program?   

 The Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program started in North Dakota in 2012. This program provides families with outreach, case management, and assistance in obtaining VA and other benefits.  Veteran families may qualify for assistance with time-limited payments to third parties for rent, utilities, moving expenses, and licensed child care. SSVF is funded by the Veterans Administration and works through private non-profit organizations and consumer cooperatives.                       

  1. What Supportive Services are available for Traill County Veterans?

Supportive Services include:

  • Veteran Outreach
  • Community Outreach
  • Landlord Outreach
  • Individualized case management to increase housing stability
  • Temporary financial assistance to increase housing stability
  • Connections to Healthcare and Daily Living Services
  • Housing Counseling
  • Employment and Vocational Services
  • Income Support
  • Legal Services
  • Transportation
  • Personal Financial Planning and Credit Counseling Services
  • VA Fiduciary and Representative Payee Services.
  1. What can I do if I know a Veteran who needs assistance?

Anyone can call the local Community Action Agency and refer a veteran.

Region 5 Counties:

Steele, Traill, Cass, Ransom, Richland, Sargent

Southeastern North Dakota Community Action

  • University Drive, Fargo, ND 58104

Phone (701)232-2452 ext 123 -Bonnie Greuel (Case Manager)

Email  or

  1. How can a Veteran enroll in the SSVF Program?

SSVF serves every county in North Dakota through eight regional Community Action Agencies, listed below. Please contact the agency closest to you and speak with the SSVF Case Manager to enroll.

Williston- (701) 572-8191
Minot- (701) 839-7221
Devils Lake- (701) 622-6500
Grand Forks- (701) 746-5431
Fargo- (701) 232-2452
Jamestown- (701) 252-1821
Bismarck- (701) 258-2240
Dickinson- (701) 227-0131

%d bloggers like this: