Traill County Veterans Service Office



(1)QUESTION: “I’m being evicted what should I do?”

ANSWER: If you or a Veteran needs immediate assistance to avoid eviction or loss of housing, please call the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at 1-877-4AID VET. Calls are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

  • VA staff are available to assist Veterans facing housing crises by directing them to the appropriate resources and supportive services offered by VA and other government entities. Below are details on several resources and services available for Veterans who are at an increased risk of eviction due to the ending of temporary renter protections.

(2)QUESTION: “I’m struggling to pay my rent and utilities who can help me?”

ANSWER: Call the Supportive Services for Veteran Families program at 701-232-2452

  • Contact: Holly Papineau at 701-306-0056 or email:
  • Contact: Jenny Gomke at 701-318-4430 or email:
  • Contact: Alesha Petermann at 701-388-6048 or email:
  • Address: 3233 University Drive South Fargo, ND 58104
  • SSVF provides case management and supportive services to prevent homelessness or to rapidly re-house Veterans and their families who are homeless.
  • The SSVF subsidy program may provide a modest subsidy for two years to extremely low-income Veterans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.

(3)QUESTION: “I need free legal help. Who can I call?”

ANSWER: Call Rachel Marsolek, LSW and VJO Coordinator at 701-200-2723 or email her at:  She will help you find legal aid resources in North Dakota.

(4)QUESTION: “Where do I find local help?”

ANSWER: Veterans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness can CALL or VISIT their local VA Medical Center (VAMC) in Fargo, ND and ask to speak with a Homeless Coordinator at 701-461-7330

%d bloggers like this: