Traill County Veterans Service Office


Question: What is Substance Use Disorder? (SUD)

Answer: (SUD) is a disease that causes people to have difficulty controlling their use of alcohol, drugs, and other substances, including opioids. Untreated, this misuse can begin to influence many aspects of life.

Question: How do I quit?

Answer: You might not quit for good on the first try. Don’t give up! Try a new approach next time. You can be an excellent source of information and inspiration to others who want to quit but are not sure how to get started. Be proud of this new healthy path you have chosen for your life!

Question: Where can I find help?

Answer: There are several resources available to Veterans who are ready to make the commitment to quit:

  • Alcoholics Anonymous
    1. Fargo, ND 701-235-7355  
    2. Grand Forks, ND 701-330-4339
  • Smokefree
    1. Website:
    2. 1-855-QUIT-VET, 8am to 8pm Mon-Fri.
    3. Text message program Text VET to 47848
    4. Smartphone app
  • Smart Recovery
    1. Website:
    2. Text INSIDERS to 41444
  • Narcotics Anonymous
    1. Website:
    2. Fargo, ND  701-232-3241
  • Al-Anon
    1. Website:
    2. Moorhead, MN 218-287-2089
  • Nar-Anon
    1. Website:
    2. Email:
    3. Fargo, ND 701-235-9226
  • Veterans Crisis Line
    1. Call 988 (Press 1)
    2. Text to 838255
%d bloggers like this: